Behavior Assist Team
Enter your text here...
Dr. Wendy Molina-Solis, Director of MTSS
Kimberly Carrillo, Executive Secretary
The purpose of the MTSS Behavior Assist Team (BAT) is to provide training, suggestions, and supports to the general education teachers in order to equip them with the strategies to help every student have the opportunity to be successful behaviorally within the general education classroom.
The Behavior Assist Team is comprised of a Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) and Behavior Intervention Aides (BIAs) who work together to:
- Respond to behavior emergencies by supporting and following up with schools and staff
- Build a team approach to building capacity by training and coaching school staff in developing and delivering behavioral interventions
- Provide data-driven, evidence based behavioral related serviced across the district.
The Behavior Assist Team is a function of the MTSS Tiered System of Support for general education students.
- BAT is a team that provides supports, not a service
- BAT personnel will not supplant the role of the classroom teacher
- BAT personnel can serve a collaborative role at SSTs as needed