Career Technical Education (CTE)
Dr. Leann Huang, Career Technical Education Specialist
Marilynn Chun, Administrative Clerk II
Career Technical Education (CTE) integrates rigorous academics with career-based learning and real world workplace experiences. Alhambra Unified School District provide students with industry relevant learning experiences through career-oriented pathways in the fields such as business, engineering, drafting, transportation, building & construction, information technology, graphic arts, manufacturing, digital photography, food & hospitality, fashion, child development, health care and more.
Alhambra Unified School District CTE Programs:
- Offer high quality curriculum and instruction aligned to the California CTE Model Curriculum Standards
- Prepare students with the academic and technical skills, knowledge and training necessary to succeed in future careers and to become lifelong learners
- Provide real world 21st century skills that make one career and college ready relevant to today's industry needs
- Enable students to transition to post-secondary program/training, leading to a career pathway, and attain employment
Our College & Career Center Services at a Glance:
- CTE Courses (during the school day and selected courses for after school)
- Career Technical Education courses can provide students what's needed to succeed for life: technical skills, academic skills, and employability skills.
- College Credit Courses
- College credit courses are offered at various high schools taught by college instructors. Students earn college credits that are transferable to UC/CSU.
- Industry Professional Guest Speakers
- Connect with top professionals in various career fields and learn what it takes to be successful.
- Career Guidance Information
- Receive information and assistance with resumes, interviewing skills, job search strategies, and Career Cruising.
- CTE Workforce Development
- Find out about student internship opportunities.
- College Readiness Information
- Speak with Student Ambassadors from local colleges.
- Learn about financial aid, college applications, resume writing, interviewing skills, and more!
- District-Wide Events
- Don't miss out on the Annual College & Career Fairs.
- Work Permits & Job Opportunities
- Field Trip to College Campuses, Work-site Visits
- Scholarship Opportunities
To find out more, visit: