Alhambra Unified School District Transfer Permits
INTRADistrict Permits: Within the boundaries of the Alhambra Unified School District.
- An INTRA district Permit can be completed and submitted online. Access to the online permit system is through the Alhambra Unified School District or at www.ausd.us/permit/
- Completed permits will go to the school of residence for review. Pay particular attention to the documentation required (uploaded) for each specified reason for the permit. Documents must be in PDF format. The online permit must be completed and documentation for the reason for the permit must be uploaded through the District’s website.
- The Principal of the school of residence may choose to meet the family to discuss the reason for the request. The Principal at the school of residence approves or denies the permit request. The parent will be notified of the approval or denial of the permit.
- The Principal of the requested school may choose to meet the family to discuss the reason for the request. The Principal of the requested school makes a determination about the approval based on the satisfactory academic grades, attendance, behavior and the availability of space. The Principal of the requested school approves or denies the permit.
- The parent will be notified through email of the decision. In the event that parent is not satisfied with the decision of the permit, the parent may choose to schedule an appeal meeting with the Director of Student Employee Welfare.
- After the permit is approved, the Principal will meet with the family to sign a permit contract, stating the requirements. The requirements include satisfactory academic grades, attendance, behavior and the availability of space. If student fails to meet these requirements, the permit may be revoked.
- Required documents must be uploaded with the application. Incomplete applications may be denied.
To request enrollment at an Alhambra Unified School when you reside outside of the Alhambra Unified School District:
- Family must obtain a release from the school district of residence. Alhambra Unified School District is NOT an Allen Bill District. Should the request be made based on Parent Employment, a release from the district of residence is still required. The district will deem an application incomplete if the release is not uploaded.
- Parents must upload the release of the INTERdistrict permit application with the latest report card. The report card should contain academic information, attendance, and behavior/citizenship.
- The Principal of the requested school will make a determination to either approve or deny the permit and the parent/guardian will be notified via email. In the event that the parent disagrees with the determination, the parent may choose to schedule an appeal meeting with the Director of Student Employee Welfare / Gateway To Success.
- Note that good grades, good attendance, good behavior and the availability of space and a continued effort on the part of the parent or guardian to cooperate with the school/district officials are conditions to receive or continue a permit.
You live within the boundaries of the Alhambra Unified School District, but you wish to attend a school outside the Alhambra Unified School District:
- Complete and submit an online INTER District Permit. This submission doubles as release request in the Alhambra Unified School District.
- The form must be completed and documents that confirm and support each reason for the permit must be uploaded through the online permit process.
Permit Approval Schedule
For the upcoming 2019-2020 School Year: Principals will approve or deny a transfer permit by June 3, but no later than 14 calendar days following the beginning of the school year for which enrollment is sought.
For current school year requests, a final decision will be provided to the parents within 30 calendar days.
Dual Immersion Program (DI) Permits
- Families that have been accepted into the Dual Immersion program at Marguerita or Fremont Schools will receive an email indicating acceptance to the program. The email indicates that families MUST enroll and complete the registration process at their home schools.
- At the time of registration, the family should provide the home school office staff with evidence of Dual Immersion acceptance.
- Intra-district permits do not need to be completed by the parents of Dual Immersion students. Permits will be handled by Elementary Education.
- Students accepted into the program who reside outside of AUSD are asked to obtain an inter-district permit release from their district of residence. Once these families obtain the permit release, they will complete the registration process at Marguerita or Fremont School after they received the letter of acceptance.
Limited Provisional Admission
AB2826 makes a student eligible for a two-month provisional admission to a school district only upon providing reasonable evidence that a final decision for a request for interdistrict transfer is pending either with the school district of residence, the school district of proposed enrollment, or the county board of education. AB 2826 also specifies whether a student can attend the district of proposed enrollment beyond the two-month period and prohibits provisional attendance from guaranteeing that a school district or county board of education will approve the request for interdistrict transfer.